MedjetAssist is a privately held company, backed by a powerful and reputable investment team with strong ties to the world of aviation, finance, government, and real estate. In operation since 1991, MedjetAssist is responsible for more than 95,000 lives within its membership program and maintains a global presence with ICU-equipped air ambulance affiliates around the world. The program is backed by Lloyds of London. MedjetAssist is proud of the endorsements from the following membership organizations:
- Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report
- Safari Club International
- AAA of Alabama
- Medical Society of Virginia
- Southern Medical Association
- American Academy of Dermatology
- NFL Europa
MedjetAssist is a worldwide medical evacuation and consultation program that is available to travelers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, on an annual and short-term membership basis.
MedjetAssist transports members who are hospitalized more than 150 miles from their home, either in the U.S. or abroad, to the hospital of their
choice. Additionally, if a member is hospitalized in their hometown and requires the services of a specialty hospital within the U.S., more than 150 miles away, MedjetAssist will provide air medical transport to that facility. The company utilizes a fleet of state-of-the-art medically equipped aircraft permanently configured as mobile intensive care units, staffed with specially trained physicians, nurses, and respiratory therapists. It offers medical and legal referrals, monitoring of members' medical conditions, translation assistance for foreign medical reports, pre-travel medical consultations, and return of mortal remains.
No travel insurance, standard medical insurance, assistance plan, or platinum card membership offers a protection program as comprehensive and with as few restrictions as MedjetAssist:
- MedjetAssist provides medical evacuation and transport services to the members' home hospital or hospital of choice virtually anywhere in the world...NOT just to the, "nearest appropriate hospital".
- MedjetAssist is a pre-paid annual membership with no monetary limit to its benefits. Domestic air medical evacuation services normally average $15,000 to $20,000 while international transports can exceed $75,000. As a MedjetAssist member, the membership fee is the only expenditure for complete domestic and international protection.
- No health questions to enroll up to age 75...no claim forms, co-payments, deductibles or waiting periods.